Friday, October 16, 2009

"le sigh." - pepe le pew

Well, folks, it's been a rough couple of days. For the first time I've been pretty seriously attacked for my views. I've been called all kinds of names, had outrageous accusations leveled against me including: "I guess you'd rather just have Jews blown up." -Jordan Bennett Arnold. I've been told that I'm "childish, irresponsible, and unprofessional" (Shai Idelman,) a liar, one-sided, and "outside of politics, an honest and nice person," (source asked to remain undisclosed.)

I've done some soul-searching and to these, I have but one thing to say: Go listen to "Juicy" by the Notorious B.I.G.: "You know very well who you are / Don't let 'em drag you down / Reach for the stars."

Is giving a detailed account of things that I saw unjust? Why is there this dichotomy between saying that Palestinians shouldn't have to put up with being detained for walking around on their own farms and the destruction of all Jewry? Why not attack my points instead of my person?

As for accusations of being one-sided: Maybe. But only because the only side that gets perpetuated in the corporate media, the so-called liberal media, is that of the Zionists. But it doesn't matter if you're a Zionist. Say one bad word about Israel and you're either an anti-Semite or a self-loathing Jew.

An article to leave you with:

1. On Israel's exclusive right to self-defense: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1254861893834&pagename=JPArticle/ShowFull


An now, off to my English Literature class. How did I end up majoring in Literature? Ah, life.

EDITED TO ADD:

an idea borrowed from Paul Erb, written by me:

Sure, Israel has the right to self-defense. But is taking out the chicken coop that provides 80% of underfed Gaza's eggs reasonable retaliation?

Is "wantonly" using white phosphorus in the most densely populated area in the world, white phosphorus that eats through flesh from the outside and burns through fatty tissue from the inside, appropriate relation for suicide bombers?

There are better ways to go about it.


When the Tutsis were massacred by the Hutus, a situation in which it is politically ok to use the word "genocide," the Western world urged the Tutsis to not retaliate, and instead go through the International Courts. Their people were being hacked into bits by machetes, and we said "Take a step back and breathe."

Why is it that the "Western world" doesn't listen to their own advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment